At Langley Wellington we are continually investing time and resources in our departments and with ambitious plans to develop the firm in the near future there are going to be some exciting opportunities to join our firm. We are continually pushing forward and investing significant time and money on training our employees and making substantial ongoing investment in both information technology and communication systems ensuring that we continue to provide our clients with up-to-date legal advice and information on issues likely to affect them.
Recruiting trainee solicitors is important at Langley Wellington. We know how choosing the right firm to join can be daunting. We believe it extremely important to provide first-class training and support to our trainee solicitors to prepare to take on responsibility at an early stage and establish a long-term career.
At Langley Wellington we are keen to hear from solicitors and legal professionals who feel they would like to join us. We ensure we employ first class staff in order to make sure we provide first class service to our clients. As part of one of Gloucestershire’s premier law firms you can be rest assured that we will invest in your future and personal development and provide you with continuous training to allow you to develop in your career.
We realise how important is it to have a first class team of support staff providing vital support to our Solicitors and Legal Executives. Our support staff are an integral part of the firm and assist in providing excellent standards of customer care to our clients.
An excellent opportunity to join a leading Law Firm.
We are looking for an experienced legal cashier to join our professional but friendly firm.
- Practical experience of Legal Accounts environment
- Good working knowledge of Solicitor Accounts Rules
- Knowledge of computers and legal software with good keyboard skills
- Daily Client and Office account bank reconciliations
- Dealing with general queries from solicitors, staff and clients
- Posting all financial transactions
- Dealing with Land Registry and HMCTS statements
- Posting and executing conveyancing transactional payments
- Recording, billing and monitoring of disbursement invoices received
- Dealing with staff wages using Sage Payroll
- Month and year ends
- Salary is competitive and will be awarded dependent upon your experience
- Working hours are 35 hours per week - full time, Monday to Friday
- Holiday entitlement is 23 days + bank holidays
If you are interested in this position, please apply in writing enclosing a current CV to:-
Mrs Carol Bruce
Langley Wellington Solicitors
Royal House, 60 Bruton Way
Langley Wellington is a forward-thinking law firm acting for clients nationwide. With over 150 years of history, we recognise that clients want, deserve and must get specialist legal advice. The only way clients’ interests are best served is to have specialist legal departments with highly trained lawyers and support staff using the best technology that money can buy.
Cheltenham & Gloucester
Langley Wellington LLP has one of the largest and most successful conveyancing departments in Gloucestershire. The role is to support a Senior Residential Conveyancer in their busy and varied workload by performing administrative and legal duties that requires knowledge of legal terms, documents and procedures in relation to Residential Conveyancing.
- To actively support a Senior Residential Conveyancer in progressing matters from inception to closure.
- Take an active role in reporting to clients, estate agents and other stakeholders in a transaction.
- Ensuring matter files are up to date.
- To interpret and draft legal correspondence and forms as required during the course of a transaction.
- To ensure that all administrative aspects are completed.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite (such as Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately
- It is desired, but not essential to have either a Law Degree, CILEx Qualifications or qualifications with the Council for Licenced Conveyancers
- Prior work experience
Hours of work
Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5pm
£20,000 upwards depending on experience
Langley Wellington LLP is an equal opportunities employer. To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Langley Wellington is a forward-thinking law firm acting for clients nationwide. With over 150 years of history, we recognise clients want, deserve and must get specialist legal advice. The only way clients’ interests are best served is to have legal departments with highly trained lawyers and support staff.
Langley Wellington LLP has a very well respected and well-regarded Family Law Department. We are looking to recruit a self-motivated Family Lawyer on a permanent basis to join our friendly Family Team working alongside experienced lawyers. As one of Gloucestershire’s premier law firms you can rest assured that we will invest in your future and personal development and provide you with continuous training to allow you to develop your career. There will be an existing caseload to take over when the right candidate joins our team.
To be able to manage a caseload with a minimum of supervision, to have good client handling skills dealing with Finances and Divorce, be willing and able to undertake their own advocacy in Court on initial hearings and directions appointments. To advise clients on a Private basis but to also undertake some Legal Aid work. The opportunity to be involved in the direction and growth of our Family Law Department.
3-5 years PQE experience preferably dealing with all areas of Family Law (except Public Child Care Law). To have a good general knowledge of Family Law including Divorce, Private Law Children Act Matters, Financial Remedy, Injunctions and Cohabitation Disputes.
Hours of Work
Full-time Monday to Friday preferred, for the right candidate part-time may be considered.
Dependent on experience and linked to a bonus scheme.
Langley Wellington LLP is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.